Where big data meets big judgment™
Helping decision-makers build consensus and make complex, multi-criteria decisions -- anytime, anywhere, using any device.
- Our “anytime / anywhere / any device” design supports easy stakeholder engagement. Stakeholders and decision-makers can use smartphones, tablets, or laptops to provide their judgments and be a part of the consensus building process from anywhere at any time.
- Our patented methodology is based on the Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP), which is the world’s leading theory in multi-criterion decision-making according to Gartner, Inc.
- We employ a “state-of-the-art mathematical programming solver to optimize the allocation of time and resources.
- We can support any situation involving multiple criteria, alternatives, and decision participants.
- We have over 20+ years of consulting and product experience delivering best practices with simplicity and high ease of use.
What is the Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP)?
The analytic hierarchy process (AHP) is a structured technique for organizing and analyzing complex decisions, based on mathematics and psychology. It uses a pairwise comparison approach to more accurately establish the relative importance of decision criteria. AHP is used by businesses, governments, and academia around the world.
- Application Migration to the Cloud
- Budget Formulation
- Budget Opportunity Selections
- Business Partner Selections
- IT Demand Management
- Merger & Acquisition Selections
- Organizational Cost Savings
- Budget formulation
- Personnel Selections
- Requirements Prioritization
- Risk Assessments
- Merger & Acquisition Selections
- Schedule Optimization
- Strategic Investment Selections
- Strategy Development
- Vendor Selections
What is Optimization?
Optimization is a mathematical method to achieve the best outcome (e.g., maximum benefit, minimize risk, etc.). Definitive Pro™ optimizes resources by finding the most favorable solution that satisfies all dependencies and meets all constraints. An optimizer is a prescriptive analytics tool to answer: What should we do?>Watch our promotional video.
- A narrative tab (textual information, and planned start and finish dates)
- A forecast tab (5-year cost and benefit projections; discounting of cash flows)
- A results tab (auto-calculated financial metrics, visual charts and graphs)
- A lookback tab for tracking and analyzing changes over time (up to 25 baselines)
- A one-click business case report in PDF
- Technology business management (TBM) cost pools
- Hurdle rates and pass/fail indicators by investment
What is a Business Case?
A business case is used to: manage purposeful business change by organizing the financial impacts in relationship to time to support decision-making regarding potential investments. An effective business case will use a proven methodology – a key to establishing credibility. It will also esure that the underlying methodology is clear to the evaluators.>Watch our promotional video.
Pay for What You Use
Definitive Pro is a software as a service (SaaS) offering, so our pricing model has been designed so that you pay for what you use. With our modular design, we can can configure the system to meet your specific needs. There is no need to over pay for capabilities that you are not ready to adopt. However, they can be turned on when you are ready.
Why Definitive Pro™?With the Definitive Pro™ system, organizations will realize the following benefits:
- Process consistency and transparency
- Easier participation in decisions
- Improved stakeholder engagement
- Increased cross-functional insight
- Greater consensus and buy-in
- Optimized allocation of resources
- Faster and better decisions
- Justifiable decision rationale
- Historical record of decisions
“Our best estimate is that 25-30% of the workforce will be working from home multiple days a week by the end of 2021.”
“By 2023, more than 33% of large organizations will have analysts practicing decision intelligence, including decision modeling."
- Gartner, Inc., 2020.
"Scenario planning and new decision tools are helping executives cut through the murk of the pandemic’s many confusions.”
- McKinsey & Company, 2020.